PEEK (polyetheretherketone) is polyetheretherketone (PEEK for short), which is a linear aromatic polymer compound containing chains in the main chain of the molecule. Its structural unit is oxygen-p-phenylene-oxy-carbonyl-p-phenylene, which is semi-crystalline and thermoplastic. Processed into PEEK plate, PEEK rod, PEEK tube, PEEK ring, PEEK sheet, PEEK filament, PEEK film, etc. by powder, particle molding, extrusion process.
What Is PEEK Extrusion Profiles
Peek Extrusion Profiles is the process of transforming peek alloy into cross-sectional profiles. The end-results have a wide range of uses, and can be easily machined and yet offer strength and stability. While you do get custom peek extrusion shapes, there are three main types of peek extrusion profiles, each serving its own purpose for unique projects.
These profiles include hollow, semi-hollow, and solid extrusion profiles.
- Solid peek extrusions have no voids or openings. These solid structures have a wide variety of uses, including creating compact, cross-sectional structures, structures with or without protrusions, curved shapes, wrap-around shapes, and more! This process is usually lower-priced due to the fact that it’s easier and faster to extrude.
- Semi-hollow peek extrusions are only partially enclosed. A semi-hollow extrusion usually includes shapes that are circular or rectangular but require a gap on one side. This can become confusing as a solid shape can also include a partially enclosed void. The difference lies in the size of the respective gap.
- Hollow Peek extrusions are shapes that are completely hollow anywhere in the cross-section. This means that the void or opening can include a specific shape, be molded into a variety of different shapes, or include more than one void extruded into a specific profile.
The Application Of PEEK Profiles
Peek profiles are widely used in aerospace, automobile manufacturing, electrical and electronic, medical and food processing, petroleum machinery pipelines and other fields.
- Product specific form: PEEK general machinery, PEEK electronic semiconductor, PEEK petroleum machinery, PEEK automotive industry, PEEK instrumentation, PEEK chemical industry, PEEK packaging machinery, PEEK medical equipment, PEEK nuclear industry, PEEK welding and cutting, PEEK textile printing and dyeing, PEEK papermaking mechanical
- Peek product list: PEEK screw, PEEK ball valve seat, PEEK rod, PEEK sheet, PEEK particle, PEEK gear, PEEK high temperature wear-resistant roller thickness gauge PEEK roller
- For compressors: PEEK sealing valve plate PEEK sealing valve plate for compressor PEEK sliding plate inlaid on copper strip PEEK bushing PEEK inlaid injection moulding wear-resistant disc PEEK wear-resistant shaft sleeve PEEK hook belt adjustment wheel PEEK precision parts four pieces Set of PEEK belt cover fixed shaft pulley GFM-060814-12PEEK flange shaft sleeve PEEK heat insulation pad M8 by 15 outer hexagon PEEK bolt
- For semiconductor industry: PEEK vacuum suction cup PEEK roller PEEK wear-resistant scraper 6-inch PEEK ball valve valve pad PEEK wear-resistant long sleeve PEEK micro pump pump cover natural gas ball valve PEEK valve seat Large plate shape PEEK seal wear-resistant parts Large ball valve high temperature PEEK sealing ring PEEK Wear-resistant bushingPEEK ball valve sealing ringPEEK wear-resistant bushingPEEK wear-resistant blade
- Automotive: PEEK high temperature wear-resistant shaft sleeve vacuum pump PEEK sliding vane and joint PEEK solenoid valve spool PEEK end face sliding bearing PEEK wear-resistant sealing ring
- Analytical instrument: PEEK sealing pad, PEEK thermal insulation pad, PEEK with flanged bushing, PEEK sealing ring, PEEK synchronous belt pulley, PEEK finger-tight joint (flat)
- Ultrasonic testing equipment: PEEK parts PEEK test probe for PEEK wear-resistant plate measuring instrument (direct inlay injection molding) Flanging wear-resistant sleeve PEEK finger-tight joint PEEK finger-tight joint PEEK core isolation sleeve Scraper PEEK rollerPEEK wear-resistant partsPEEK slender wear-resistant bushingPEEK roller for packaging machineryPEEK guide wheelPEEK small rollerPEEK rollerPEEK wear-resistant sheet
- Tobacco machinery: PEEK wear-resistant straight sleeve, PEEK high-temperature wear-resistant bushing, PEEK high-temperature wear-resistant slider, PEEK plastic bearing, PEEK high-temperature wear-resistant bearing seat, PEEK porous connector, PEEK high temperature protective cover
- Textile machinery: wear-resistant sleeve, PEEK bearing cap, PEEK high temperature wear-resistant slider, PEEK insulating sheath, PEEK wear-resistant plate machine, PEEK high temperature wear-resistant slider, PEEK guide tail, PEEK horizontal support
- Medical equipment: PEEK parts for medical equipment PEEK sets for medical equipment PEEK sealing plate PEEK ring frame for medical sterilization equipment PEEK anti-corrosion heat insulation board Green) PEEK reciprocating wear-resistant bushing PEEK wear-resistant joint ball and other industries
PEEK special engineering plastics mainly include PEEK-450G (pure resin), PEEK450GL30 (containing 30% glass fiber), PEEK450CA30 (containing 30% carbon fiber), PEEK450FC30 [containing 30% (carbon fiber + graphite + PTFE) these four grades . The profile has outstanding characteristics and advantages such as high temperature resistance, wear resistance, hydrolysis resistance, chemical corrosion resistance, high strength and self-lubrication. Therefore, the profile also has good machinability, can be milled, turned, ground, carved and ultrasonic welded, with rigidity and toughness. The processing requirements can be met by using common machining equipment, but special engineering plastics differ from metal materials and general engineering plastics in terms of thermal expansion, heat dissipation, elasticity, etc. The following precautions are proposed for users’ reference when machining.
- According to the materials of different grades, the processing tools are selected. Generally, alloy knives can be used, tungsten steel knives can be selected, and diamond knives are better. The hardness of the white steel knife is too low, it is easy to wear, and it is not usable;
- Use coolant when necessary to reduce wear and heat conduction; this picture is machining
During the process, the high temperature caused by the friction between the end face of the tool and the product leads to the melting of the material.
- It is good to increase the speed of the lathe to improve the machining effect by setting the feed amount to a small value;
- The material of PEEK450CA30 is particularly easy to damage the knife, and the size is relatively easy to change, so it is necessary to sharpen the knife or change the knife frequently. Therefore, in the process of processing, it is necessary to ensure that the turning tool must be sharp. After the blade is worn, the turning surface will heat up, causing the surface of the product to be rough or poor in size.
- This material has good toughness, and the scrap is not easy to break. It is necessary to clean up the scrap in time to avoid the entanglement of the scrap resulting in poor products.